100% Locally Owned, Independent and Free

100% Locally Owned, Independent and Free

New rollercoaster, virtual maze and tree-top fun to boost Coast tourism

Do you have a news tip? Click here to send to our news team.

New waterways authority to begin operations

A new authority tasked with managing and maintaining Sunshine Coast waterways will begin operating from July after legislation passed state parliament last week. The Sunshine More

Motorway interchange plan gains momentum

Plans for new ramps on the Sunshine Motorway have progressed, with a contract awarded for the project’s detailed design. The Sunshine Motorway and West Coolum More

Rail network disrupted, major road closed after fatal vehicle rollover

A man has died after a vehicle rolled onto railway tracks at Kulangoor, causing significant disruptions to the rail network on Friday morning. Emergency services More

Coast man dies in early morning crash

A Sunshine Coast man has died following a crash west of Gympie overnight. Emergency services were called to Gympie Woolooga Road, near Little Widgee Road More

Miles apologises again over Coast property claim

A former state premier has been forced to apologise to parliament for a second time after being found guilty of contempt in a rare More

Vehicle identified after teenager struck

Police have released vision of a vehicle believed to be linked to a hit-and-run that left a Sunshine Coast teenager seriously injured, as investigators More

Tourism will get a lift on the Sunshine Coast with three new attractions, including a roller coaster and what is being billed as Australia’s biggest tree-top adventure park.

Aussie World, Bellingham Maze and Tree Top Adventure Park have been promised $1.84 million in state funding to create new rides and experiences.

Aussie World will install a new rollercoaster ride to complement the recently opened Swing Ride.

Bellingham Maze is combining its a’maze’ing outdoor maze with an immersive, virtual reality maze experience.

And, work is underway on a Junior adventure challenge for 3 to 9-year-olds at the Tree Top Adventure Park, the state government has announced.

bellingham maze sunshine coast news
Bellingham Maze will open a “virtual” version of its attraction. Picture: Facebook

Member for Nicklin Rob Skelton said the Junior Tree Top Adventure would be the biggest of its kind in Australia.

“As the Big Pineapple has demonstrated over the years, the Sunshine Coast isn’t half hearted when it comes to the scale of its tourist attractions,” Mr Skelton said.

“These projects – funded in partnership with the Palaszczuk Government’s Growing Tourism Infrastructure Fund – continue the Coast’s tradition of creating destination tourism infrastructure.”

Member for Caloundra Jason Hunt said the fresh attractions would bring more visitors to the Sunshine Coast.

“Once built, almost 70,000 extra visitors every year are predicted to make their way to the Sunshine Coast for a unique tourism experience,” Mr Hunt said.

“Additional visitors to these new attractions alone are estimated to boost the Sunshine Coast’s economy by nearly $4 million every year.

Tourism Minister Stirling Hinchliffe said the fresh attractions were worth a combined $4.5 million and would deliver almost 50 jobs during construction and operation.

The funding was part of the Palaszczuk government tourism COVID recovery initiative.

Subscribe to SCN’s free daily news email

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This field is hidden when viewing the form
[scn_go_back_button] Return Home
Share