It was an extra special night of nights at the Sunshine Coast Business Women’s Network Awards on Thursday night with the crowning of the region’s Outstanding 2021 Business Woman of the Year.
The SCBWN, together with its valued sponsors, finalists and guests, attended the 22nd annual awards night recognising and celebrating the achievements of 31 remarkable businesswomen on the Sunshine Coast.
This year, the prestigious Outstanding Business Woman of the Year went to Emma Greenhatch, the CEO of the Food and Agribusiness Network (FAN).
Other major winners included Thompson Institute general manager Elise Jione, Sunshine Coast Airport’s Ayllie White, journalist Roxanne McCarty-O’Kane, Sally Doran from Infectious Clothing Company and Ami Bateman from cleaning product business Pleasant State.
SCBWN president Min Swan congratulated all nominees, finalists and winners of this year’s awards and said it was an honour to celebrate with everyone in person.
“It’s tough times like this that make the awards even more important,” Ms Swan said.
“Entrants realise they are not alone and they are able to take a moment to reflect on their incredible resilience, growth and adaptability.
“SCBWN is all about empowering and celebrating women who are achieving amazing things and when you look at the finalists and winners from last night it’s very clear here on the Sunshine Coast, we are surrounded by inspiring industry leaders.”
Get more Sunshine Coast News stories to your inbox by subscribing to our free daily news bulletin. All it requires is your name and email. See SUBSCRIBE at the top of this article.
While excitement for this event is high every year, it felt extra special because the awards were unable to go ahead in 2020.
The finalists also had to wait longer than usual to find out the results after the initial gala, scheduled for August, was postponed due to a snap lockdown.
This year, the awards attracted almost 200 nominations, with 60 submissions which were narrowed down to 31 finalists. These finalists faced a panel of judges who examined entrants’ written submissions and conducted face-to-face interviews.
The glamorous gala event is highly regarded on the Sunshine Coast business and social calendar and year on year has attracted a room of more than 300 successful business leaders, dignitaries, and sponsors.
As proud media partners Sunshine Coast News and our sister publication My Weekly Preview congratulate all the winners and their outstanding achievements.
Sunshine Coast Business Women’s Network 2021 award recipients
- Corporate Business Woman of the Year – Sally Doran from Infectious Clothing Company
- Professional Business Woman of the Year – Ayllie White from Sunshine Coast Airport
- Young Business Woman of the Year – Elise Jione from Thompson Institute, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Micro/Small Business Woman of the Year – Roxanne McCarty-O’Kane from Roxanne McCarty-O’Kane Writer
- Sustainable Business Woman of the Year – Ami Bateman from Pleasant State
- Outstanding Business Woman of the Year – Emma Greenhatch from Food and Agribusiness Network. As the overall winner, Ms Greenhatch will also receive a major media prize worth $15,000 thanks to EON Broadcasting, Sunshine Coast News and Southern Cross Media.