100% Locally Owned, Independent and Free

100% Locally Owned, Independent and Free

K'gari visitors urged to exercise caution after woman bitten on hands by dingo

Do you have a news tip? Click here to send to our news team.

New eatery offers flavours of the Middle East

The doors have opened to a new cafe in the centre of a Sunshine Coast town, and locals are relishing the unique offerings. Owners Joseph More

‘I’ll finally do it’: man plans adventure with lotto win

A Sunshine Coast man is rejoicing after being informed he's a Lucky Lotteries winner. The Sunrise Beach local was told he had scooped $200,000 in More

Cheaper bills and cooler homes for community housing

Cheaper bills and cooler homes are on the way to community housing tenants, with rebates for insulation, solar and efficient appliances. About 4000 homes across More

Benched MP flew with Palmer during coalition split

A benched Nationals frontbencher flew on an Australian billionaire’s private jet to have initial conversations about a potential political quid pro quo during the More

Woman fighting for life after reported disturbance

A woman is fighting for life after a wounding incident on Friday afternoon. A Queensland Police Service spokesperson told Sunshine Coast News officers were called More

Applications open for community talks with government

The first state government-driven Community Cabinet for 2026 is set to take place in Caloundra on March 8. Premier David Crisafulli and ministers will meet with local More

A woman has been treated by ambulance officers after she was bitten on the hands by a dingo at K’gari yesterday.

She had walked away from the Winnam camping area towards the ocean about 10.30am when she was approached by five dingoes.

A tagged dingo lunged at the woman, leaving her with two lacerations to the middle fingers on both hands.

Related story: Almost 30 high-risk dingo incidents on island so far this year

The Queensland Ambulance Service treated the woman on the island and she was advised to see a doctor.

It is believed the pack of dingoes was hanging around the camping area after getting access to a large amount of unsecured food from a different campsite earlier this week.

People at the camping area had previously received be dingo-safe education from Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service rangers.

Do you have an opinion to share? Submit a Letter to the Editor at Sunshine Coast News via news@sunshinecoastnews.com.au. You must include your name and suburb.

Rangers provided further be dingo-safe advice to campers in the area and will conduct additional patrols over the weekend.

Residents and visitors to the island must be aware of the risks, and should always walk in groups, carry a stick and keep food and rubbish secured.

Subscribe to SCN’s free daily news email

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This field is hidden when viewing the form
[scn_go_back_button] Return Home
Share