100% Locally Owned, Independent and Free

100% Locally Owned, Independent and Free

Man faces court after being charged over multiple alleged sexual assaults

Do you have a news tip? Click here to send to our news team.

Restaurant’s ‘food bible’ double award win

A double award victory has placed a hinterland restaurant among Australia’s standout dining destinations and recognised it as Queensland’s best restaurant for 2026. The Woodshed More

Former labour hire firm fined over farm records

A former labour hire provider and its manager have been fined over false records linked to workers at a Sunshine Coast strawberry farm. The Fair More

Hidden signal in videos could help solve crimes

Technology being refined on the Sunshine Coast could help solve some of the world’s most complex criminal cases, from hostage situations to child exploitation More

Ashley Robinson: extending my appetite

I had a light-bulb moment last week. Well, it took a while, but the light bulb eventually came on. It all started innocently enough with More

Proposed motorway project faces scrutiny

A plan for two ramps at a key stretch of motorway is being examined by the federal government over potential environmental impacts. The Queensland Department More

Feedback opens on The Wave station designs

Plans for station precincts between Beerwah and Caloundra are now open for public feedback as work continues on Stage 1 of The Wave. The consultation More

A man has been charged following multiple alleged sexual assaults on the Sunshine Coast.

Detectives from the Caloundra Child Protection and Investigation Unit launched Operation Maple to investigate an alleged sexual assault on December 2.

Police will allege a 37-year-old Dicky Beach man met a teenage girl at Moffat Beach to supply her with an illicit substance, before he assaulted her.

On January 16 the man was arrested and charged with 20 offences including seven counts of supply dangerous drugs to minor under 16 years, three counts each of rape and possessing dangerous drugs, and one count each of possessing anything used in the commission of crime, possess property suspected of having been acquired for the purpose of committing a drug offence, possess utensils or pipes, contravening order about information necessary to access information stores electronically, and supplying dangerous drugs.

He appeared in the Maroochydore Magistrates Court on January 17 and has been remanded in custody until April 14.

Caloundra Child Protection and Investigation Unit Detective Acting Senior Sergeant Brad McMeniman said investigations were continuing.

“We believe there may be more victims and are urging anyone with information about this man, or anyone who was driven by him, to contact us,” Detective Acting Senior Sergeant McMeniman said.

“Detectives will continue to investigate and support any potential further victims.”

If you’ve experienced sexual assault, it is not your fault and you are not alone. There are multiple ways to report what has happened to you depending on your situation.

If there’s an immediate danger, call triple-0. You can also report online, over the phone or face to face at a police station. There are also alternative reporting options available depending on your situation.

For confidential information, counselling and support, call the State-wide Sexual Assault Helpline on 1800 010 120 or 1800 RESPECT for 24-hour help.

Subscribe to SCN’s free daily news email

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This field is hidden when viewing the form
[scn_go_back_button] Return Home
Share