100% Locally Owned, Independent and Free

100% Locally Owned, Independent and Free

Man faces court over alleged sexual offences against a child

Do you have a news tip? Click here to send to our news team.

Legal fight looms over roadside billboard refusal

Plans to install a 10m-high electronic advertising sign beside one of the Coast’s busiest roads are headed for court. Australian Outdoor Media (Tech) Pty Ltd More

Data shows shift in ambulance ramping at main hospital

A Sunshine Coast MP says ambulance ramping has decreased at the region's main hospital but admits more needs to be done to reduce wait More

Working farm with luxury living hits the market

A hinterland estate known as Tera Alta, which blends productive farming capability with architectural excellence, is set to go under the hammer. Owned by Bruce More

‘Growth is coming’: Coast eyes 500,000 residents

With the Sunshine Coast set to surpass 500,000 residents by 2041, experts are examining how the region can grow without losing its “essence and More

Photo of the day: ready to catch

“These pelicans seemed to be carefully scrutinising the local fisherman’s catch, but really just hoping for a hand out," photographer Tom Regener says. This More

New gun laws target drive-by shootings and extremism

Queensland Premier David Crisafulli has announced major gun law reforms aimed at cracking down on gun crime, including plans to restrict weapons ownership to More

A Sunshine Coast man has been charged following alleged sexual offences against a child in the South Burnett region.

Detectives from the Kingaroy Child Protection and Investigation Unit and Kingaroy Criminal Investigation Branch charged the 29-year-old Mount Coolum man following the alleged offences last month.

Police allege the man used social media to communicate with an 11-year-old girl, before he travelled to a town in the South Burnett on December 16 and met with the girl before the alleged offences took place.

Detectives executed a search warrant at a Mount Coolum address on December 30 and arrested the man.

He has been charged with one count each of rape, indecent treatment of a child under 12, possessing dangerous drugs and possessing a drug utensil.

He appeared before Caboolture Magistrates Court on December 31.

If you’ve experienced sexual assault, it is not your fault and you are not alone. There are multiple ways to report what has happened to you depending on your situation.

If there’s an immediate danger call 000. You can report online, over the phone or face to face at a police station. There are also alternative reporting options available depending on your situation.

For confidential information, counselling and support, call the State-wide Sexual Assault Helpline on 1800 010 120 or 1800 RESPECT for 24-hour help.

Subscribe to SCN’s free daily news email

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This field is hidden when viewing the form
[scn_go_back_button] Return Home
Share