A host of community clubs have received a funding boost, to help Sunshine Coast residents lead active lifestyles.
Sixteen clubs were granted $2000 each through the Round 2 of the State Government’s Active Clubs Program.
State Member for Maroochydore, Fiona Simpson, said she was delighted for the clubs.
“It is great to see local clubs receive this funding boost,” she said.
“The funding from this program is part of the strategy to support club volunteers to provide flexible and safe physical activities for Queenslanders and to help them participate in sport and recreation.
“It’s always good to see community groups get the support they deserve to support their volunteers and work in the community.”
- Mooloolaba Outrigger Canoe Club.
- Marcoola Surf Lifesaving Club.
- Sunshine Coast Churches Referees Association.
- Mooloolaba Bowls Club.
- Maroochydore Beach Bowls Club.
- Maroochydore Rugby Union Club.
- North Shore Boardriders.
- Alexandra Headland Surf Life Saving Club.
- North Shore Junior Australian Football Club.
- Maroochy Sailing Club.
- Sunshine Coast Bodyboard Club.
- Maroochydore Surf Lifesaving Club.
- Maroochydore Tennis Club.
- Mudjimba Beach Boardriders Club.
- Mooloolaba Netball Club.
- Maroochydore Football Club.
Help us deliver more stories that inform, connect and celebrate the Sunshine Coast by signing up for our free Daily News Feed: Please go to SUBSCRIBE at top of this article and add your name and email address.