A stunning photo of a pineapple plantation in the Glass House Mountains led Visit Sunshine Coast’s Top 10 Instagram posts of 2021.
The photo, shared by the team at Pure Gold Pineapples, showed the sun setting on another day on the farm, a sea of golden pineapples lit up underneath the tangerine sky.
The photo received more than 12,800 likes and sparked a frenzy of comments from travellers who didn’t realise that pineapples grew on plants like a flower, not trees.
Colourful images of the Sunshine Coast’s iconic beaches, adorable wildlife and lush hinterland made up the Top 10, which was based on highest user engagement.
Visit Sunshine Coast CEO Matt Stoeckel said the top social posts of 2021 were a great reflection of what the Sunshine Coast had to offer as a destination.
Scroll down for more stunning images and the full list
“Over the past 12 months we’ve seen a real trend in people wanting to take time out and reconnect not only with each other but with nature, and this is beautifully reflected in our top Instagram posts,” he said.
“If a photo tells a 1000 words, this stunning collection of images paints a true story of what makes the Sunshine Coast so appealing for visitors.
“I was really excited to see that Pure Gold Pineapples took out the top spot, with another pineapple image coming in at number three.
“Pineapples have long been a symbol of the Sunshine Coast, in fact, our very own Aussie icon the Big Pineapple celebrated its 50th birthday this year.
Help keep independent and fair Sunshine Coast news coming by subscribing to our free daily news feed. All it requires is your name and email. See SUBSCRIBE at the top of this article
“It’s an extremely fitting and sweet way to wrap up 2021.”
The top photo was taken at Morgan’s Pines in the Glass House Mountains, a family-run farm that each year grow half a million pineapples.
They supply Pure Gold Pineapples, Australia’s largest supplier of pineapples that pack a whopping 12 million of the golden fruit each year.
“With 15 Growers across Queensland, 11 of which are based right here on the Sunshine Coast, it makes us so proud that our photo has seen so much love from our local community,” Pure Gold Pineapples said.
Visit Sunshine Coast’s Top 10 Instagram posts of 2021
- Pineapple Plantation Morgan’s Pines, Glasshouse Mountains. Picture: @PureGoldPineapples
- Alexandra Headland sunset The Rock Wall, Alexandra Headland. Picture: @lauradanielle_
- Yandina Pineapples Yandina, Sunshine Coast. Picture: @traveljunkieau
- Sunshine Beach staircase Sunshine Beach. Picture: @kiarajorgensen
- Dolphin surfing Noosa Ocean Rider, Noosa. Picture: @noosaoceanrider
- Mornings at Mooloolaba Beach Mooloolaba. Picture: @davewilcockphotography
- Emma the baby Antechinus Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, Australia Zoo. Picture: @wildlifewarriorsworldwide
- Koala belly scratches Wildlife HQ, Woombye. Picture: @wildlifehqzoo
- Pastel skies at Sunshine Beach Sunshine Beach. Picture: @marissaknightphotography
- Emerald hues at Booloumba Creek Booloumba Creek, Conondale National Park. Picture: @intheairdrones
You can follow Visit Sunshine Coast on Instagram @VisitSunshineCoast.