Public consultation has opened on a proposed multi-sports half court in Landsborough, with residents invited to provide feedback on the concept before any funding decisions are made.
Sunshine Coast Council has identified Skippy Park as the preferred location following requests from the community for more informal sporting facilities.
“Sunshine Coast Council is committed to creating safe, welcoming and well-maintained public spaces for our community,” Division 1 Councillor Jenny Broderick told Sunshine Coast News.
“We’ve received numerous requests for a multi-sports facility and, after careful consideration, Skippy Park has been identified as the most suitable site.
“The proposed multi-sports half court at Skippy Park is all about giving local families, young people and casual players another place to get active and connect.”

The concept plan includes a basketball hoop, netball hoop and line marking for pickleball, hopscotch and four square, along with seating and additional shade planting to improve comfort and amenity.
Cr Broderick said the facility had been designed as a flexible, low-maintenance space for informal activities, complementing the park’s existing playgrounds and open spaces.
The proposed site was selected after assessing current park use, with the location set away from busy pathways and play areas while maintaining visibility for safety and avoiding key green spaces and established trees.
Related story: Developer unveils $13m dual sports hubs
She said delivery of the project would depend on community support and future budget considerations.

“As for timelines and cost, these will depend on community feedback and future funding. If supported, the project would be considered for funding in coming years as part of council’s capital works program. Construction would be scheduled only once funding is secured.”
Want more free local news? Follow Sunshine Coast News on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, and sign up for our FREE daily news email.

Cr Broderick confirmed limited vegetation works would be required, with replacement planting included in the proposal.
“One tree and mound will be removed, with offset planting carried out to replace and enhance vegetation,” she said.
“As shown on the concept plan, several new trees and groundcovers will be planted adjacent to the court as part of the improvement works.
“Council will minimise environmental impacts through careful planning and design. No significant vegetation will be removed, and all work areas will be managed to avoid disturbance to local wildlife. Where any minor vegetation impacts do occur, offset planting will take place to ensure no net loss of canopy or habitat.
“The project team will also follow best-practice environmental controls during construction to protect nearby trees, soil and waterways, and to ensure wildlife is not affected by the works.
“At this stage, there are no plans to remove or relocate any facilities or infrastructure.”
Residents can complete a short survey via council’s Have Your Say Sunshine Coast website, consultation open until Monday, March 9, 2026.




